Shipping and Handling Charges
Our handling and insured delivery charges guarantee safe arrival of your order. Please allow 5 to 14 business days for transit time. Unfortunately, due to excessive shipping costs, we will only ship seeds to AK and HI. No shipments will be made to foreign countries. **If you want to specify a shipping date there will be an additional $15.00 charge.**
AK and HI - Seeds only. No shipments of plant material or supplies.
AZ and CA - No shipments of bulbs or live plants.
CO - No plums, currants, gooseberries or potatoes.
WA - No currants, gooseberries, grapes, leek plants, onion plants and sets, shallots or potatoes.
OR - No grapes, potatoes, walnuts, Buddleia or Cortaderia.
ID - No shipments of bean seed or nursery stock.
MT and NV - No potatoes.
DE, ME, MA, MI, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, RI, and WV - No gooseberries or currants.
PUERTO RICO, CANADA, APO/FPO addresses and foreign countries - No shipments of any kind.
*Please check with your local Cooperative Extension Office or Dept. of Agriculture for specific restrictions in your area.
Spring Shipping Schedule
- You may receive more than one shipment.
- Seeds and non-perishable products are usually sent within 2-3 business days.
- Live plants, bulbs, shrubs and trees are shipped at the best time for planting in your area. Please click here to see a chart of approximate shipping times.
- Due to danger of freezing in transit, perishable plant material will not be shipped before March 1st.
- Only limited nursery stock will be shipped after June 1. We resume shipping perennials and bulbs from our fall catalog in August
*Make sure to check when the approximate shipping time is for your region - Click here to find out how!
Fall Shipping Schedule
- Strawberry Plants: August - September
- Colchicum & Iris: mid-August - September
- Perennials & Ground Covers: August - mid-October
- Daylilies: late August - early October
- Peonies & Oriental Poppies: late September - late October
- Lilies & Dutch Flowering Bulbs: late September - until freezing temperatures no longer allow.
- Foxtail Lilies: early October - mid-November
- Amaryllis, Paperwhites & Forcing Bulbs: early October - until freezing temperatures no longer allow
- Seeds, Books & Gardening Supplies: year around